Revista Cubana de Cirugía
versão On-line ISSN 1561-2945
CORONA MANCEBO, Sixto B et al. Estenosis traqueal isquémica: Resultados del tratamiento quirúrgico. Rev Cubana cir [online]. 2000, vol.39, n.1, pp. 29-37. ISSN 1561-2945.
A prospective study including all patients with tracheal ischemic stenosis (27 males and 21 females) that were operatex on at the Service of General Surgery of the "Hermanos Ameijeiras" Clinical and Surgical Hospital from April, 1994, to April, 1997, including both, was conducted. 81. 2 % of them were under 40 years of pre-stenosis endotracheal intubation. The laryngotracheal endoscopic study with 100 % proved to be that of the highest sensitivity for the diagnosis, followed by simple X-ray of the trachea with 97. 8 %. All the admitted patients, excepting one, had undergone tracheostomy en entering in our center. Severe stenosis was under 5 mm in most of them. Tracheal resection with anastomosis was used in 71 % of the members of the series, whereas tracheofissure with placing of Montgomery´s T- prosthesis was used in the rest. There was a morbidity of 29 % and a mortality of 6.3 %. The final result was evaluated as good in 85.4 % of the individuals included in the group, satisfactory in 6.3 % and bad in 2 %
Palavras-chave : TRACHEAL STENOSIS [surgery]; EVALUATION.