SciELO - Scientific Electronic Library Online

 
vol.52 número4Acelularidad del líquido cefalorraquídeo como factor pronóstico adverso en meningitis criptocóccica índice de autoresíndice de materiabúsqueda de artículos
Home Pagelista alfabética de revistas  

Servicios Personalizados

Revista

Articulo

Indicadores

  • No hay articulos citadosCitado por SciELO

Links relacionados

  • No hay articulos similaresSimilares en SciELO

Compartir


Revista Cubana de Medicina

versión impresa ISSN 0034-7523

Resumen

DELGADO VARGAS, Tamara et al. Causes of mortality in patients with Hodgkin lymphoma. Rev cubana med [online]. 2013, vol.52, n.4, pp.231-241. ISSN 0034-7523.

A retrospective descriptive study was conducted in the Hematology Service at Hermanos Ameijeriras Hospital to know the causes of death in patients with Hodgkin lymphoma, who were treated from January 1983 to December 2008. Out of 619 patients diagnosed in that period, the total sample was formed by 443 patients. 287 (64.8 %) of them were alive at the end of the study, and 156 (35.2%) had died. This disease relapse/progression were the leading cause of death, regardless age of its presentation, treatment used, and the time of progression (125 patients, 80 %). The remaining 20 % of deaths occurred from secondary malignancies in 10 patients (6.4 %), complications of treatment in 8 (5.1 %), fatal infectious complications in 2 (1.2 %), and cardiovascular disease in 3 (1.9 %). In 8 patients (5.1 %) the cause of death was not stated. Secondary malignancies were predominant in patients aged 40-59, who received combined treatment with less than 10 years of evolution.

Palabras clave : Hodgkin lymphoma; mortality; second neoplasm.

        · resumen en Español     · texto en Español     · Español ( pdf )

 

Creative Commons License Todo el contenido de esta revista, excepto dónde está identificado, está bajo una Licencia Creative Commons