SciELO - Scientific Electronic Library Online

 
vol.22 número2Moléculas de adhesión: Importancia en la respuesta inmune e inflamatoriaFrecuencia de hepatitis B y C en niños con hemopatías malignas índice de autoresíndice de materiabúsqueda de artículos
Home Pagelista alfabética de revistas  

Servicios Personalizados

Revista

Articulo

Indicadores

  • No hay articulos citadosCitado por SciELO

Links relacionados

  • No hay articulos similaresSimilares en SciELO

Compartir


Revista Cubana de Hematología, Inmunología y Hemoterapia

versión impresa ISSN 0864-0289versión On-line ISSN 1561-2996

Resumen

HERNANDEZ GALANO, Geldris P et al. Therapeutic results in the chronic idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura. Rev Cubana Hematol Inmunol Hemoter [online]. 2006, vol.22, n.2. ISSN 0864-0289.

Diopathic thrombocytopenic purpura is a relatively common autoimmune hemorrhagic disease. A retrospective study was conducted among 141 patients that received attention from 1983 to 2003 aimed at evaluating the therapeutic results obtained in this disease. Of the total of evaluated patients, 98.6 % needed treatment with different therapeutic schemes and the other 1.4 % showed spontaneoous remissions. The first-line modality (treatment with steroids) was applied to 97.1 % of the patients at the moment of the initial diagnosis. Most of them had a favorable response (65.7 %). Splenectomy was the second therapeutic modality and it was performed in 54.6 % of the sick. It had long periods of remission (62 %, 59.7 % and 54.5 % of sustained complete response at 3, 6 and 12 months postsplenectomy). The third-line treatment was used in 29.1 % of the cases refractory to the therapies selected, with an index of response of 61.0 %. Prednisone alone or combined was the most used therapeutic agent after the failure with steroids and/or splenectomy. The immunosuppressors and alkaloids from Vinca were the most efficient in these cases, with 60 % and 71.4 % of responders. Statistical significance was found on evaluating the response attained by the treatment line at one month and at six months, and on comparing the initial response according to age

Palabras clave : Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura; steroid treament; splenectomy; immunosuppressors.

        · resumen en Español     · texto en Español

 

Creative Commons License Todo el contenido de esta revista, excepto dónde está identificado, está bajo una Licencia Creative Commons