Revista de Ciencias Médicas de Pinar del Río
versión On-line ISSN 1561-3194
VALDES LINARES, María Teresa et al. A proposal of exercises to develop listening skill. English language for Medical Students in the third academic year. Rev Ciencias Médicas [online]. 2007, vol.11, n.3, pp. 189-199. ISSN 1561-3194.
A study about the results obtained on the tests of students enrolled in the third academic year of the Medical Major (2005-2006) was carried out aimed at comparing the development of the four skills through "Changes" program. Professors who teach the program observed that the main difficulties were present in listening comprehension, because of many obstacles to overcome and limitations in material resources during the preceding course, to conduct this descriptive and explicable study a percentage statistical method was used, and results showed that out of 100 tests analyzed, only 40% had 4 and 5 scores, and the rest (60%), scores of 3 and 2. In this current course (2006-2007), limitations are the same, but the strategy changed in order to create a series of complementary exercises to work with this group of students and try to give solution to the problems found with the purpose of strengthening listening skill.
Palabras llave : Medical students; Listening skills; english language.